I am brand spanking new at this blogging malarkey, and was so excited to receive this that I actually squeaked!
itsgoodtobecrazysometimes kindly nominated me for this, so thank you very much for thinking of me!! It looks great fun so here we go….
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
- Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
- List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
- Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.
So fairly straight forward. Lets go with the questions that I received:-
- What was the last photo you took?It was a picture of the back of my daughter’s head while she was doing some sticking and crafts. (Not a chance of getting a smile or for her to lift her head to look at the camera – she was far too busy to tolerate such nonsense).
- What question do you hate to answer? “Why have you moved house so many times” OK so the fact that I have moved house well over 20 times so far in my little existence is quite an eyebrow raiser, but it is such a long and boring and not interesting answer that I’ve discovered the best way to answer this question is with:- “I was being chased.” Entirely untrue but it usually stuns the inquisitor into stunned silence…. ;0)
- Where were you 3 hours ago? I was at work. Looking at my watch and noting that with 5 mins left until I was due to finish, I had about 5 hours work still left to do. Beautiful!
- What did you do for your latest birthday? I was lucky enough to spend the day with a wonderful friend and my fab in-laws, on a beach with our children, a picnic and numerous buckets and spades. We actually had sunshine and everything??? I was so happy that I almost forgot that I had become older overnight. Hmmmf.
- Who is your hero? My Dad. He’s awesome.
- What is the weirdest thing about you and are you proud of it?I’d have to say that I’m a bit of a geek and have an annoyingly good memory when it suits me (GCSE Maths or what I needed to pick up from the supermarket? Not a chance. The entire verse of “The Gruffalo” word for word and all 16 French verbs which are conjugated with etre? No probs!) Am I proud of it? Yep! Do I annoy other people with irritating quotes and lists of French verbs for no apparent reason as I do not speak French? Absolutely!
- Do you believe honesty is the best policy? It depends. I am a fan of the white lie if it would prevent me offending someone, however if I have done or said something wrong I absolutely believe that honesty is the only way forward. I find myself desperate to make a full confession in these instances. I just like to get it out there so that it can be dealt with and we can move on.
- Is there anything purple near you and if so what is it? Our home is very beige. Not much purple going on around me right now, although I do quite like the colour. Probably the nearest purple thing I could put my hands on would be one of numerous free plastic spoons I was given in 2 pregnancies worth of Bounty Packs advertising a well known brand of children’s yogurt. How many purple plastic weaning spoons does a 12 week pregnant woman need I ask you?
- If you joined the circus what would your act be? I would be more of the person who serves popcorn in the interval? But I would be “The Greatest Popcorn server that ever there was!” I’m a feeder. It’s just what I do.
- What would your ideal holiday be?I am still a child at heart, and I cannot wait until my little ones are big enough for me to drag them around Disney World wearing Mickey Mouse ears and squealing every time we see a human being dressed up like a soft toy. *sighs longingly and hums “It’s a small world”.
- Why do you think the dish ran away with the spoon (hey diddle diddle nursery rhyme) He didn’t run away with it. I believe he was actually running away from it. It was purple, and had come free with yet another Bounty Pack…..
Thank you for those. They definitely got me thinking!
Now for my 11 questions:-
- What’s the most useless thing you have bought just because it was on offer?
- What’s the first thing that you do when you get a second to yourself?
- If you could give your teenage self one piece of advice what would it be?
- What book have you never read, but feel that you really ought to have?
- What childish thing still makes you laugh even though you are now a grown up?
- What saying or proverb really makes you cringe?
- Which household object or product annoys you the most?
- How many times is it appropriate to say pardon to someone when you can’t hear what they are saying?
- Which is your all time favourite naff film? (you know – one that is so terrible that you just love it but wouldn’t usually admit to it).
- What would be your superhero name?
- What was your childhood talent and can you still do it?
My nominations for the sunshine award go to:-
Just a bit of fun, but I’ve enjoyed doing this, and anything that allows me to find out a bit more about some of the brilliant bloggers out there is a good thing as far as I can see.